Help for Halitosis
Halitosis is simply another way of saying bad breath. If you suffer from this problem, you’re not alone, and you’re able to treat it with ease. Discover some simple tips to bid bad breath farewell.
Common Causes of Halitosis
Did you know that dental issues are often the cause of halitosis? Perhaps you’ve lagged on proper oral hygiene, have excessive decay, or simply suffer from unhealthy habits. The result of all these dental dangers is persistent bad breath. To help you uncover the reason for your problem, read the main causes of halitosis:
- Poor brushing and flossing, which leaves food particles in the mouth that breed bacteria
- Lack of regular visits to an affordable dentist for check-ups and cleanings
- Oral yeast infections
- Tooth decay
- Gum disease
Good Advice for Bad Breath
According to family dentistry experts, most cases of halitosis can be reversed with proper dental hygiene. That’s because the root of numerous dental problems is oral bacteria, which results from unhealthy dental habits. If you don’t deal with the cause of your halitosis, it can lead to larger problems that require great cost and many visits to your family dentistry clinic. To say goodbye to bad breath for good, follow these proven tips:
- Brush twice a day or more.
- Floss daily.
- Scrape your tongue to remove lingering bacteria.
- Quit smoking.
- Rinse with mouthwash after consuming odor-inducing foods such as onions and garlic.
- See an affordable dentist twice a year for check-ups and cleanings.
- Schedule treatment for tooth decay and gum disease as soon as possible.
- Ask your family dentistry practice whether your medical conditions or medications could be the cause of your bad breath.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in New Haven, call Long Wharf Dental Group today at (203) 764-2386 or make an appointment.
Long Wharf Dental Group offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in New Haven. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Long Wharf Dental Group, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Long Wharf Dental Group.