Are Dental Bridges or Dental Implants the Right Dental Decision for You?
If you want to replace missing teeth, don’t miss out on this comparative guide to dental bridges vs. dental implants.
The Pluses and Problems of Dental Bridges
One of the ways to replace missing teeth is with dental bridges. They are called bridges because they are a “bridge” of at least three connected crowns that gets bonded in the mouth to fill in the space that’s lacking teeth. They are a permanent solution. Dental bridges offer many benefits, but also come with some concerns.
- Ideal when you’ve been missing the tooth or teeth for a long time
- Best for people with some level of gum or bone recession
- Best for people with large fillings and those in need of dental crowns or caps down the line
- Lower cost than dental implants
- Not as natural-looking as dental implants
- Because the surrounding teeth must be prepared for bridge placement, some of the natural healthy structure of these teeth will need to be removed
- Less durable than dental implants and may require more repair, which can be costly even with an affordable dentist
- Only lasts up to 10 years before requiring costly replacement
The Qualities and Quandaries of Dental Implants
Another permanent way to replace missing teeth is with dental implants. These are tiny, titanium posts that get surgically placed into the jawbone and then attached to replacement teeth. Since they are positioned in the jaw, they offer maximum stability, strength, and long-term security. While dental implants have positive attributes, they also present some problems.
- Provides the most natural and aesthetically-pleasing appearance
- Complete stability and security, because they are positioned in the jawbone
- More durable than dental bridges
- Can last a lifetime
- Preserves the natural amount of bone
- Easy care and cleaning, simply requiring the same regular oral hygiene routine and professional dental care from an affordable dentist as natural teeth
- Tends to be a more costly option, but their durability makes them more cost-effective over time, because they save you the cost of repair and replacement
- While initially more expensive than dental bridges, an affordable dentist can keep costs to a minimum
Ask your dentist whether dental bridges or dental implants are the best way for you to improve your smile.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in New Haven, call Long Wharf Dental Group today at (203) 764-2386 or make an appointment.
Long Wharf Dental Group offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in New Haven. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Long Wharf Dental Group, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Long Wharf Dental Group.