We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: May 23, 2016
Your Go-To Guide for Treating a Cracked Tooth
No matter how slight or severe a crack in a tooth, you can’t afford to ignore this dental danger. Discover all you need to know to treat the troubled tooth.
The Reasons for Cracked Teeth
Did you know that many different incidents could cause a cracked tooth? Dentists say that the most common causes of cracks in teeth are:
- Biting down on very hard food or objects
- Chewing on ice cubes
- Other dental restorations or large fillings
- Loss of tooth structure
- Trauma to the face from an accident
- An injury to the mouth or jaw
- The habit of tooth grinding
- Teeth that are brittle due to root canals
The Symptoms of a Cracked Tooth
A crack in a tooth can be difficult to detect, but it’s easy to feel from the pangs of pain it produces. At the first sign of discomfort or damage, you need to visit a dentist at an affordable dental care clinic near you. Only after a complete dental examination can a Dentist in CITY locate the crack and determine the ideal treatment. The primary signs of cracked teeth are:
- Sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures, as well as sweet or spicy foods
- Pain during eating
- Discomfort when pressure is placed onto teeth
Fortunately, there are many affordable dental care treatments for cracked teeth today. Each is used for a different degree of severity and damage. As a result, the treatment that a Dentist in CITY recommends for you will depend on your case and concerns. The most common treatments for cracked teeth are:
- Dental bonding – Recommended for smaller cracks
- Root canals – Ideal for more serious cracks that have damaged the tissue and nerves in the tooth
- Extracting the tooth – Best for severe cracks where extensive damage has been done to a tooth’s tissue, nerves, or roots
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in New Haven, call Long Wharf Dental Group today at (203) 764-2386 or make an appointment.
Long Wharf Dental Group offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in New Haven. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Long Wharf Dental Group, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Long Wharf Dental Group.