We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
If you’ve always wanted straight teeth but don’t like the idea of braces, Invisalign® might be the right choice for you. Often referred to as “invisible braces,” Invisalign doesn’t use any brackets or wires, making it a great option for teens and adults worried about how metal braces will affect their appearance.
Schedule a consultation with our Invisalign dentist in New Haven to find out if Invisalign will work for you, how long it will take to straighten your teeth, and how you can fit the cost into your family budget.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Unlike braces, which attach to your teeth and use wiring to fix orthodontic problems, Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable aligners. The aligners shift your teeth slightly, using the right amount of force in the right place for a gradual yet significant change. Best of all, because they’re custom-made for you, the aligners fit snugly but comfortably over your teeth, so you can get the smile you want with minimal impact on your everyday life.
Simply wear the aligners for the recommended 20-to-22 hours a day, removing them to eat, drink, brush, and floss. You’ll change to a new set of aligners typically every week to gently move your teeth closer to the desired final position, following the personalized treatment plan our Invisalign doctor in New Haven created.
Cleaning your aligners is easy; either use an Invisalign treatment kit or simply brush and rinse them in lukewarm water.
What are the Benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign is designed to treat many of the same common orthodontic concerns as braces, such as gaps between teeth, overly crowded teeth, overbite, underbite, and misaligned upper and lower jaws (also called a crossbite).
Invisalign offers these benefits over braces:
- Greater comfort. Invisalign’s aligners are made of smooth plastic, so there are no sharp pieces like traditional braces have which can irritate the cheeks and gums.
- Virtually invisible. If you are worried about how you’ll look with metal braces, Invisalign removes that concern. The aligners are clear, and most people won’t even know you’re wearing Invisalign.
- Removable.Unlike metal braces, Invisalign is designed to be removed when you eat. Enjoy whole apples, chocolate bars, corn on the cob—whatever you like.
- Easy to maintain. Because Invisalign is removable, you won’t spend a long time in the bathroom each day trying to get food out of your braces. Brush and floss your teeth as you normally would, and clean the aligners with either an Invisalign treatment kit or lukewarm water.
- Convenient.Invisalign typically requires fewer office visits than traditional braces. You need office visits only about every four to six weeks to check your progress and receive the next set of Invisalign aligners.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
In general, the cost of Invisalign treatment is similar to that of traditional braces. As with other medical treatment, your cost will depend upon the complexity of your case, how long your treatment lasts, and your insurance coverage.
Many dental insurance plans do cover a portion of Invisalign treatment. You also can apply some of the pretax dollars in your flexible spending account to help cover the cost of Invisalign.
Our office in New Haven also can work with you on flexible and affordable monthly payment options to help fit Invisalign into your budget.
Call Today to Schedule an Invisalign Consultation in New Haven
Our general dentist in New Haven is glad to consult with you to discuss your needs and help you evaluate whether Invisalign is right for you. This consultation will include a precise treatment plan of the exact movements of your teeth, how many aligners you’ll need, and how long your treatment will be. You’ll also get a preview of your new smile.